Sunday, May 29, 2016

Assault on the Mountains of Madness


My gaming group began an Achtung! Cthulhu campaign in May. I presented three possible campaign ideas:

Madness won out.

The question was which core books should I use for the campaign? I own, and have run the Fate edition of Achtung! Cthulhu. I like the Fate rules, but the group opted for me to run the campaign using the Savage Worlds rules for Achtung! Cthulhu. Quite frankly, I was excited at the prospect of doing that because I have never had the chance to play or run the Savage Worlds system.

Like a good gamer, I first ordered the core books at my FLGS. And then I waited and waited and waited.  I waited for at least six months, even though the core books were out in distribution thoughout the United States. My game store even had supplements for Achtung! Cthulhu - but no core books. Finally, when I visited Calgary last Fall, I purchased the combined core books at the well-stocked Sentry Box game store. 

Problem-solved.

We've had two sessions so far, and I'll do brief posts on those games in the near future. I plan to document the campaign here, as well as provide other posts on World War II and adjacent topics.


No comments:

Post a Comment